HVTN 706 - A Multi-center, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Phase 3 Efficacy Study of a Heterologous Vaccine Regimen of Ad26.Mos4.HIV and Adjuvanted Clade C gp140 and Mosaic gp140 to Prevent HIV-1 Infection Among Cis-gender Men and Transgender Individuals who Have Sex with Cis-gender Men and/or Transgender Individuals
- Janssen Vaccines and Prevention B.V., the HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN), and University of Pennsylvania, PENN Prevention Unit are doing a study to test a combination of HIV vaccines. HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. The researcher in charge of this study at this clinic is Dr. Ian Frank. Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, B.V., one of the companies of Johnson and Johnson and the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) are paying for the study.
- Are the study vaccines safe to give to people?
- Are people able to take the study vaccines without becoming too uncomfortable?
- How do people’s immune systems respond to the study vaccines? (Your immune systemprotects you from disease.)
- Do the study vaccines prevent people from getting infected with HIV?
- Study Identifier: 7332-IDFrank
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required