Digital Data and Heart Health | Using Digital Data to Predict Heart Disease
What is the purpose of this study?
This research study is exploring about how digital data (ie. social media, online searches, and step tracking data) are associated with Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) and related risk factors in order to develop a more precise CHD risk predictor tool.
We are seeking individuals between the ages of 30-74 with and without a Cardiovascular related diagnosis of interest who receive care in the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS), also known as Penn Medicine.
What will I be asked to do?
If you are eligible and agree to participate in the study, we will ask you to complete the following enrollment steps:
1. Read and sign an informed consent document
- A legal document explaining what you can expect from us and what we expect from you if you agree to participate in this study.
2. Complete a 10-minute survey
- It asks about information on your gender, age and other demographics, general health, diet, physical activity, smoking and tobacco use, and digital data use.
3. Share your digital data
- Including social media like Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter, digital data like Google history and/ or step data from a step tracking application/device.
4. Share your health information
- We will be asking your permission for us to extract information from your electronic health record and information from your health care insurance provider.
5. Receive a virtual $50 gift card and an entry to win an I-PAD
Please watch this video to learn more about the data sharing process
- Study Identifier: 833699
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required