Are you and your physician planning to taper your opioid dose? If so, you may be eligible to participate in a paid research study looking to evaluate how the perception of pain changes as opioid medication is tapered.
Participation in this study will last approximately 12
months. Study visits will consist of:
- one 45-60 min. baseline visit,
- 30-minute bi-weekly study visits during dose
- and then 30-minute monthly study visits until
the end of the study.
Study participation involves completion of study
questionnaires, urine sample collection, and completing 2, well-used, standard
and safe pain tests to assess and measure pain threshold and tolerance.
- Have a chronic pain condition for at least 1
- Have been on opioid medication for at least 6
Qualified participants will
receive $50 for each study visit that is completed.
Research Coordinator Lizette Grajales (215-615-0512, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.